Bohemia Style UK - Natural Beauty - Health Products - Organic Skincare & Beauty Solutions - Natural Acne Treatments
Natural Acne Treatments
Acne is one of the most common skin diseases, and one of the most devastating! Not only it is unsightly, but it can leave severe scarring.
Acne commonly starts in the early teen years (even though stress induced adult acne cases are more frequent now). Hormones, stress or heredity trigger an overproduction of sebum (oil) by the oil glands. The sebum produced is thick enough to clog, very quickly, normal skin pores.
The skin tries to get rid of this oil plug by inflaming the pore, creating a little "volcano" that, hopefully, will erupt all the trapped sebum. If the follicle wall breaks near the skin surface, the bump usually becomes a pimple, with its accompanying symptoms of swelling, redness, infection, soreness and discharge. If the follicle wall breaks deep in the skin, acne nodules or cysts can form. This is called "cystic acne."
Other very common scenario are blackheads: the sebum plug reaches the surface of the skin and the air touches it, oxidizing and turning black. A blackhead isn't caused by dirt!
Traditional, over the counter acne medicine, such as Benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid and sulfur usually cause side effects such as skin irritation, burning or redness. In addition, they severely dehydrate the skin. It is very common to find very oily skin that is in great need of water! To make matters worse, these treatments work only partially, and take as many as 16 weeks to show some improvements. That is why acne is commonly viewed as a unavoidable burden that can only be lessen, but not cured.
Organic cosmetics offer a natural, gentle and extremely effective alternative to treat acne. Nature is very wise, and these products, coupled with some common sense, offer and once and for all cure!
Organic treatment follow these common sense steps:
1) Gentle, frequent skin cleaning: If we have over productive oil glands, we must keep our skin sparky clean at all times. We do not want to compound the problem with dirt, sweat, yesterday's makeup. These frequent cleanings must be done with the gentlest product possible, to wash away only the extra oil and dirt, leaving as much moisture as possible.
2) Gentle exfoliation prevents pimples: Dead skin cells makes it harder for the oil to reach the surface, without clogging pores. Gentle, natural exfoliation keeps your kin renewed, pores clear and blackheads away.
3) Products with natural antibiotics keep any possibility of infection away: Minimizing any possibility of infection dramatically reduces the amount of pimples present. Beside, natural, topical antibiotics do no have the side effects that prescribed pills have.
4) Give you skin the moisture it needs, to boost its natural healing abilities: Over drying your skin is not the answer! A dehydrated complexion takes longer to renew. A natural, organic moisturizer is an essential component in our acne treatment.
4) Fight scars with a natural skin regenerating agent: If the above steps are followed, you will not have any scars to remind you of your acne phase. If you already have some marks, do not despair! Our natural products will fade them gently, and forever!