Wheat Germ Oil has a nutty aroma and is extracted by pressing or
solvent extraction from the wheat germ. It is a valuable source of Vitamin
E, a natural antioxidant, and is more resistant to light and heat than vegetable
oils. It helps relieve dermatitis symptoms, promotes skin cell formation,
and improves blood circulation. Wheat germ Oil is used to prevent and reduce
scarring and speeds up healing of cuts and wounds.
The wheat we know today is from a hybrid wild wheat that grew 10,000 years
ago in the Middle East. The wheatgerm portion of wheat grain contains 25% of the
protein along with many minerals and vitamins. Unfortunately, this is the
portion that is milled away to produce white flour!
Therefore, there is very little wheat set aside, worldwide, for production of
this oil. To complicate matters, we have to consider that
it takes 15 tons of wheat to produce one litre of wheat
germ oil. This explains why this is such an expensive oil!
Wheat germ oil has numerous properties:
- It serves as a valuable adjuvant in the treatment of myopathies and Dupuytren's disease
- It is an excellent source of vitamins E and K
- It is recommended in treating sterility , frigidity or impotence
- It is also indicated to treat problems related to coagulation
- Rich in vitamins A , D, E, and K
- Wheat germ is a superior dietary supplement during pregnancy and nursing and
it can be added to the infant's diet.
- Fights anemia, improves energy, combats infertility
- Stimulates growth, promotes cellular oxygenation
- Protects the cardiac and nervous systems
- It is an important source of minerals and it has revitalizing properties.
- Loss of minerals, malnutrition, frigidity, impotence, nervousness, rickets,
senescence, memory, coronary and blood disorders.
- Nutritious and regenerating
- Prevents wrinkles and moisturizes dry and sensitive skin.